Knowing how to find your phone’s IMEI number can be very helpful. When you come to sell your phone — if you traded it in with a manufacturer or carrier, for example — you’ll want to know.
If you have purchased one best phones You, which is then stolen, can use your IMEI to find the phone again more easily and even prevent it from accessing the mobile network to make it much less valuable to thieves. You may also need to know the number if you travel abroad, as your phone is required to be registered in order to use it in certain countries.
In the old days, you could find the IMEI number in your phone’s battery compartment. But these days you can’t unlock your phone, so you often find it printed on a sticker on the back of the phone, or somewhere inside your phone case. If you can’t access either of them, or you canceled them a while ago, you will definitely need the methods we have below, which will allow you to find the number on the phone itself.
Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android phone, we have methods that are suitable for both. It’s a quick and easy process, so feel free to follow the instructions as you read on now.
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on any device
This is the simplest way that works on any phone by entering a ‘quick code’ in the calling app. This will actually work on non-smartphones too, so it really works on any phone.
1. open your phone a program. right Now Dial *#06#. A window will pop up once you have entered the final hash that shows you your IMEI numbers. If you have the option of dual SIM cards (either via two cards or one and an eSIM), you will get two numbers, as you can see in this example.
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on iPhone
If you want an easier way to find IMEI on iPhone without using weird diagnostic codes, here is a different process with Settings app that will get you there.
1. Open Settings app and then Faucet public
2. right Now to specify onThen Scroll down to the bottom From the page, where you will find your IMEI number (except your number will not be blocked)
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on Android
These steps may differ because there are many small differences between Android phones. However, you will likely find that one of these methods is at least similar to what your model uses.
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on a Samsung device
on Samsung phonedo the following:
1. Open the Settings app and then select About phone near the bottom of the first page of options. The IMEI number(s) will appear at the top of the screen.
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on Google device
On a Google Pixel phone, it works pretty much the same way:
1. Select About phone option in the Settings app. A short way to the bottom of the next page, you will see your IMEI number.
How to find your phone’s IMEI number on other Android devices
Here is another method (taken on a OnePlus phone) that you may want to follow if the previous methods did not get you to your IMEI number.
1. In the Settings app, Select About device.
2. right Now, Move the mouse down And to specify condition. Here you will find your IMEI numbers and other useful information about the device.
For more Android tutorials, read about it How to record a call on Android And How to turn off Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S22. Or, if it’s time to switch the brand of your phone, be sure to find out How to transfer your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.